In today’s technology-driven environment, everything needs to be done quickly and easily, and accounting software such as QuickBooks is a savior for all of an organization’s accounting duties.
The only disadvantage of this software is that it is susceptible to many forms of mistakes during installation, update, or re-installation. One such error which can be occurred is QuickBooks Error 3371.
In case you are unable to handle these errors on your own, you may seek the assistance of professionals.
In this article, we will dive deep into Error code 3371, why it arises, what are the major causes, and the possible solutions to resolve such an error.
Let’s get started!
QuickBooks Error 3371: Meaning
When a user reconfigures their desktop or set up their QuickBooks company file for the first time, they are most likely to experience QuickBooks Error 3371.
Another cause of this issue is a broken Entitlement DataStore.ecml file, which holds the QuickBooks desktop’s license details.
This error code prompts a message, which states that:
Error Code 3371, 11118 Status Code: QuickBooks was unable to load the licensing data. This could be because of missing or damaged files.
To begin troubleshooting, make a note of the issue and enter the following into a web browser window:
Read Also – Quickbooks Sync Manager Error
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 3371
It’s easy to recognize error 3371 status code 11118 QuickBooks, while going through the below-mentioned symptoms:
- Your system hangs in some way, or QuickBooks crashes every time you open it.
- If you receive a message about an unknown HTML file, it could be a sign of QuickBook Error 3371.
- One of the signs is that users are unable to open the company file in QuickBooks.
- This issue can also be noticed during the cloning procedure from the C:\ drive to a new hard drive.
What Triggers QuickBooks Error Code 3371?
There are numerous reasons for the occurrence of this error code in the system. However, the most appropriate one is the damaged, missing, or corrupted licensing data. Moreover, Intuit has made it compulsory for all users to save the license on their hard drives. So, if you are unable to do so, you will run into the Quickbook Error 3371 again.
It is the important factor that leads to the Error 3371, however, there are many other causes in the list below:
- One of the major causes for the occurrence of this error could be error code 80029c4a.
- Qbregistration.dat file is missing. This installation file typically contains the licensing data stored on the hard disc, and if this file is damaged, the Quickbook Error 3371 is likely to occur.
- It may also occur when your QuickBooks desktop is experiencing a performance issue.
- This error can also occur if the connection to the QuickBooks data file is lost.
- If you are facing issues with QuickBooks Desktop printing, emailing, or PDF saving problems, then this may result in Error code 3371 QuickBooks.
- Unfinished or failed Windows upgrades can keep the Windows components obsolete and not as required by QuickBooks.
- Metro 2.
- This issue might be caused by a crash com problem in QuickBooks.
- If the QuickBooks stopped working error occurs, error 3371 may arise
- You should first confirm that Windows has been upgraded to the most recent version.
- If the error persists, it could be due to a faulty Windows operating system.
- Users of the right networks and QuickBooks Enterprise with web connect may encounter this problem if they open the file before storing it. In that case, users must first save the company file before importing the .QBO file.
Possible Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Error 3371
QuickBook Error 3371 is easily resolved by following a few simple methods. Let’s, explore each of the methods one by one:
Solutions 1: Close all the running applications
- At first shut down the QuickBooks software
- Then, close all QuickBooks processes that are currently operating.
- Then, in the run box, type C: \ProgramData\ Intuit\ Entitlement Client\ v8 or v6, and then press the OK tab.
- To complete the preceding step, launch the task manager.
- Navigate to the processes tab and look for all QBW32.EXE instances.
- After that, select them and then choose End Task.
- Then, delete the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file before opening the QuickBooks company file and registering the program.
Solution 2: Remove the Ecml File
- Simultaneously press the Windows + R keys on the keyword.
- After that, a pop will appear on the screen prompting you to enter or copy and paste it at C:\ ProgramData\ Intuit\ Entitlement Client\ v8.
- Following that identify window explorer as the next destination.
- Then delete the ecml file by right-clicking and selecting the delete option.
- When you’re finished, close the windows option.
- Finally, launch QuickBooks and re-register the product, and you’re ready to go.
Solution 3: Update Windows Operating System
If your Windows is out of date, you must update it to the most recent version. This can be fulfilled by following the methods given below:
- Firstly, select the Windows tab, followed by the Check for Updates tab.
- Then, reinstall the QuickBooks desktop.
- Also, re-update the QuickBooks desktop.
Solution 4: Install QuickBooks Tool Hub and use Quick Fix My Program
- At first exit QuickBooks.
- Then, on your system, install the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- In the following step choose Quick Fix My Program.
- Then, choose installation issues and search for Error 3371 to resolve the error.
- When you’re finished, click the OK button.
- The final step is to launch QuickBooks and navigate to the data file.
- To reconstruct the damaged file, this program will automatically fix license, validity, and registration issues in the QuickBooks desktop.
Solution 5: Launch QuickBooks install diagnostic tool from the tool hub
- On your server computer, launch the tool hub software.
- After that, go to Installation Issues and select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool, then launch it. Now, let the tool run for a few minutes.
- When the tool is finished, restart your computer.
You can resolve Quickbook Error 3371, which was caused by a missing or damaged file, by using the methods outlined above. If the error persists, you can contact the technical team for further assistance.